- Okay folks, the water is clearing up. 10 to 12 metres already today and the forecast looks great for Saturday 11th. We still have spots available, so give us a call if you want to see if the diving is really as good as promised after a flood…
The water seems to clear up very slowly, but the swell is still huge. Once conditions are good enough to go out, we should have some pretty amazing diving as always when the flood waters slowly recede. Looking at the forecast, Saturday 11th might be our next dive trip. Spot X and Julian Rocks are on the menu and we expect nothing less than incredible amounts of fish life 😉
- 31 January 2012: Cape Byron Marine Park have published a “Best of” edit of their footage taken on their baited remote underwater video (BRUV) at Julian Rocks and some of our other dive sites. Have a look at who came in to check out the bait and who was caught swimming past…
CBMP BRUVS edit (vimeo.com)
- 26 January 2012: New departure times. Inspired by our friend Tony 😉 From 27 January 2012, our double dive trips will depart Brunswick Heads Boat Harbour thirty minutes later at 9:30am. This will help us to avoid the crowds at Julian Rocks coming from Byron Bay even better (after all you don’t want to be in the water with 50 other divers…) and we feel like our Queensland customers will appreciate the extra 30 minutes sleep.
- 22 January 2012: Fantastic diving today! We dived the Mackerel Boulder and then Julian Rocks. The vis at the Boulder was at least 20m. It was fantastic out there. Thanks everyone for today, you guys were a fun team to have on the boat. We hope to see you again soon!
- 21 January 2012: First reports back from the boat: Conditions are great out there! The water is blue and warm and we’ve still got room for Sunday with our weekend special: 10% off everything!!! (except bottom times ;)) Give us a call on 1800858155 if you’d like to join us!
- 19 January 2012: Good forecast for Saturday and we’ve still got some spots, so get in quick!
Northern New South Wales Weather Forecast (Swell, Wind, Tide, Rain & Temperature) www.seabreeze.com.au
- 14 January 2012: Great day today! First a dive on the Cape Pinnacle and then back to Julian Rocks for some Manta action! The water is bluuuuueeeeeee…….
- 13 January 2012: Friday 13th and such a great day! Rod has a new friend: a big Manta took a real shine to him above the Cod Hole and kept coming back to Rod to have his belly tickled by his bubbles. I wish I’d seen that!
- 11 January 2012: What a day! We saw pretty much everything there is to see at Julian Rocks: An enormous Manta Ray with lots of big cobia swimming with it, a Grey Nurse Shark (this time of year!), lots of Leopard Sharks, big Bullrays, Eagle Rays, a beautiful big Shovelnose Ray, Turtles, Jewfish, Snapper, Trevally, an octopus, lots and lots of Nudibranchs in the trench and the list goes on. This was Julian Rocks at its best for us today! Next departure on Friday, give us a call on 1800858155, if you’d like to join us!
- 9 January 2012: Come on folks! This comfy dive boat has spots available this week and the forecast looks great on Wednesday!